5 Best Gyms In New York
Whether you're from Brooklyn or Manhattan (or even a tourist), we've got the 5 best gyms in New York right here. Luckily for many, the gyms in New York are abundant, thanks to it being one of the healthiest and most physically active regions in the United States. New York City, especially, has some of the best gyms for those looking to squeeze an exercise or two into their daily routine. Our picks for the best gyms in New York are the following Calorie-burning hotbeds:
- Bally's (139 W 32nd St, New York, NY). The economical choice for the New Yorker tight on cash. There are other gyms in New York that give the ole wallet some breathing room (i.e. Gold's Gym), but Bally's is the most well-known, and often does promotions through advertising in the paper, TV, or on the radio. Go find a coupon and head over to Bally's if there's a location close to you.
- Equinox Fitness (1633 Broadway # 2, New York, NY). One of the best gyms in New York for the gentleman/lady who has the green to spare. For pricey memberships you can load up your own dandy permanent locker in one of the nicest facilities around. Equinox Fitness has some of the most experienced professionals and trainers which are great for casual gym rats.
- New York Sports Club (217 Broadway, New York, NY). A middle-of-the-road compromise between the lean, economical gym and the bulky, luxurious athletic club. New York Sports Club is in the same league as YMCA, focusing on cardio and sport-like activities. For those who always want the finer things in life, the Sports Club also offers different levels of memberships.
- Sports Club LA (330 E 61st St, New York, NY). For the fashionista on the go, or the convertible-driving club hopper, Sports Club LA is the perfect match out of the gyms in New York. This club is full of all kinds of amenities, from towels to locker rooms to High Definition television sets everywhere. There is no lack of equipment and amenities at Sports Club LA.
- The Sports Club at Chelsea Piers (59 Chelsea Piers, New York, NY). This isn't your daddy's gym, because The Sports Club at Chelsea Piers is all about giving you the best experience they can. The staff is friendly, the people are having fun, and the prices aren't that bad for gyms in New York if you can find a good discount.
There are all kinds of gyms in New York, they're everywhere. If walking down the crowded, fast sidewalks won't get you moving, the best gyms in New York will. As with any other athletic club, location should be the primary factor when deciding among the gyms in New York.