What are the five best hair waxes for men? Hair wax is quickly becoming a hugely popular styling aid. Most hair product manufacturers have their own versions, sometimes calling it putty, pomade, or paste. But what is it, and what is it used for?
Hair wax is a thick hair styling product that contains wax (usually beeswax) and is used to hold, shape, and add funky texture to the hair. Unlike most gels and hair sprays (which contain alcohol), hair wax is not as likely to dry out, and therefore stays pliable in the hair.
Ready to try a cool textured style with hair wax? Read on for the five best hair waxes on the market.
- Bumble and Bumble Sumo Wax – This is a great, versatile wax that adds a ton of shine to the hair and can be used to define curls or create chunky pieces. If you have fine hair, this is the product for you, because it’s not as heavy as most other waxes and won’t weigh the hair down. Find it in salons that carry Bumble & Bumble.
- Redken for Men Maneuver Working Wax – This wax is a bit thicker and great if you’re looking for a messy, casual textured look. It gives a flexible hold with a bit of natural shine. Find it at better salons and department stores.
- Citre Shine Pomade – Not looking for a pricey salon brand? Citre Shine products can be found at most drugstores and general department stores. This pomade provides a light, soft hold that is great at controlling flyaways. It also offers tons of shine.
- TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Workable Wax – Not into shine? Try this thick wax, which provides a matte finish for a roughed-up look. This product contains beeswax and a blend of polymers that remain pliable in the hair. Bonus: also provides humidity resistance, for effective frizz control.
- JASON NATURAL PRODUCTS Hi Shine Stuck-Up Hair Wax – If you’re looking for a natural product, try this stiff wax. Not for the faint of heart, this stuff provides a heavyweight, strong hold that lasts and lasts.
Do a little shopping around and compare your favorite products until you find a wax product that’s right for you and your lifestyle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.