The 5 best Halle Berry movies comprise a list of varied genres and formats. Halle Berry is well-known as one of the most beautiful actresses of our time. While her exquisite features and exotic appeal are a part of what makes her special, it’s her skilled acting that separates her from actresses with similar appeals. Here are the top five movies of Halle Berry’s career:
1. "Monster’s Ball" (2001) – Of course, at the top of the list is "Monster's Ball," through which Halle won an Academy award for her performance as Leticia Musgrove. Here she plays a widow who falls in love with the prison guard who executed her husband. It is a dramatic role in which Halle gives a heartfelt performance.
2. "Die Another Day" (2002) – Halle Berry is one of many actresses to showcase her acting talent through robust performances in action films. "Die Another Day," a James Bond film, really exemplifies her acting skills alongside Pierce Brosnan. Halle plays Jinx Johnson, a government agent who joins forces with James Bond to spy on the villain, Zao, and his potential collaborator, Gustav Graves. Being a Bond girl is a time-honored tradition that shows an actress's sex appeal and the ability to portray an interesting character that has one other trait, such as intelligence, skill in battle, or, in the case of Halle’s character Jinx Johnson, resourcefulness.
3. "X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006) – The third movie on the list of best Halle Berry movies to date is "X-Men: The Last Stand." In this non-stop action film, Halle plays Ororo Munroe, or Storm. Storm has bright silver hair, and her superpower as a mutant is an ability to control the weather. Even though the film and the part are based on a comic book, Halle provides the proper amount of serious ferocity for her character. Along with the usual recognition, this part garnered Halle several nominations for Kids' Choice and Teen Choice Awards. This shows her appeal to wide audiences, regardless of subject matter.
4. "Their Eyes Were Watching God" (2005) – Among Halle Berry's five best movies is an adaptation for television based on Zora Neale Hurston's 1937 novel, "Their Eyes Were Watching God." The movie tells the life story of a black woman named Janie Crawford through a series of flashbacks to her best friend Phoeby. Halle plays Janie, credited as Janie Starks, one of the character's later married names. Although the movie received a lukewarm critical reception, Halle provides a solid performance as Janie, a woman who starts out with nothing and dies with substantial material wealth and the love of three husbands, all of whom she outlives.
5. "Swordfish" (2001) – No list of the best Halle Berry movies can be complete without "Swordfish." Halle portrays Ginger Knowles, the sexy double-crossing minx who is the love interest of the villain, Gabriel Sheir and Stanley Jobson, the would-be hero. Part of the entertainment in this film is trying to decide whether Ginger, played by Halle, is a good or bad character. For her work in this film, Halle received an Image Award nomination.
These movies all show Halle's ability to amaze audiences with her beauty and entertain them with her acting skills. The list has movies from both film and television and various genres. Halle's acting in action films shows her ability to enjoy her work and not take herself too seriously. All in all, these are the five best Halle Berry movies that promise hours of entertainment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?