5 Best Halloween Desserts
Halloween is full of tricks but serve these 5 best Halloween desserts at your next party and they're sure to be treats. Whether you're serving your own little ghouls or entertaining a crowd, you can't do better than to make these "spooktacular" desserts. Your guests will be delighted with the presentation and will remain "bewitched" with the relative ease with which these recipes are made.
Full Moon Lollipops
- Lollipop sticks
- Orange or Chocolate candy melts
- Halloween candies and sugar cake decorations
- 1 Zip-Lock bag
- Waxed Paper
- Insert a lollipop stick deep into the MoonPie
- Microwave candy melts until melted. Spoon into the bag.
- Snip a small hole in the end of the bag and pipe melted candy around where the stick was inserted. Set onto flat onto waxed paper to get firm.
- Pipe candy melt and attach candies or sugar cake decorations.
Quick Witch Hat Cookies
Another really quick dessert that uses store-bought items for ingredients are these delightful little cookies:
- Fudge striped shortbread cookies
- Milk chocolate Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
- Red or orange cake decorator’s frosting
Turn the cookies upside down (chocolate up) and pipe a small mound frosting into the center hole.
Press a chocolate “kiss” into the frosting forming the point of the witch’s hat.
- Pipe a frosting band around the base of the “kiss”.
Cupcakes are always in style as a dessert. Decorating them for Halloween is quite a treat.
- Cream cheese frosting
- Mini chocolate chips
- Red velvet cupcakes
Squeeze cream cheese frosting onto red velvet cupcakes in the form of a ghost
- Make little “eyes” from miniature chocolate chips.
- Cream Cheese frosting
- Chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- Gummy worms & bugs
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Frost cupcakes, dust with ground wafer cookies
- Poke in gummy worms and bugs to resemble a dirt mound with “critters” coming out.
- Chocolate frosting
- Miniature marshmallows
- White cake piping
Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting
Using half a miniature marshmallow (cut widthwise) as the head, pipe a stick figure skeleton below with white cake piping.
Peanut Butter Eyeballs
- ½ Cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 ½ Cup smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 lb. Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs. Vanilla extract
- 12 oz. Dark chocolate
- 12 oz. White chocolate
- In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla and sugar until silky.
- Form mixture into small balls with hands and place on cookie sheets. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave or in double-boiler.
- With toothpick, dip peanut butter balls completely in chocolate and return to cookie sheet to firm up.
- Melt white chocolate and dip chocolate-covered ball into white chocolate, leaving a small circle of chocolate to resemble the pupil of the eye.
- Return to cookie sheet and return to refrigerator until well firmed.
Cat Litter Cake
Now, not for the faint of heart:
- 1 Box of German Chocolate or Spice Cake Mix (prepared as directed)
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix (Prepared as directed)
- 1 Pkg (12-16 oz) White Sandwich Cookies
- 1 Large Pkg. Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix (prepared as directed and chilled)
- 12 Small Tootsie Rolls
- Green food coloring
- Crumble cookies in a blender or processor. Add just a couple drops of food coloring to a small amount of cookie crumbs and mix with a fork.
- When cakes are cooled, crumble them into a large bowl and toss with half of the plain cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist, not gooey.
- Dump the cake mixture into a serving pan (NEW kitty litter box, if you dare).
- Unwrap the Tootsie Rolls and heat slightly to soften so that you can mold them into "poopy" shapes. Bury some of the shapes in the cake mixture and drape a few over the top of the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookie crumbs over the cake and lightly scatter the colored cookie crumbs over the top.
- To serve, place the cake box in the center of the table on top of a newspaper.
Next time you’re looking for a dessert recipe for your Halloween party try these sweet and festive treats.