5 Best Hawaii Surf Schools
Do you want to learn how to surf at one of the best Hawaii surf schools? Because of the warm water and miles of easily accessible coast line, Hawaii is known world wide as one of the best places to learn how to surf. Why not learn at one of the best schools in Hawaii?
- Rivers to the Sea Located in Maui, this school offers a variety of special interest groups to meet your needs. Rivers to the Sea offers specialized classes and private lessons in various locations depending on your interests. Rivers to the Sea: Puamana Beach Park, Maui, HI 96753
- Nancy Emerson's Surfing Since 1973 this school has been teaching visitors to Hawaii how to surf. In addition to teaching the basics of how to surf, Nancy Emerson's Surfing also offers advanced clinics for more surfers looking to fine-tune their skills. Nancy Emerson Surfing: 505 Front St. Suite 224B. Lahaina, HI 96761
- Faith Surf School Based in Waikiki, this school has been going strong since 2000. In addition to private and group lessons, Tony Moniz also offers surf tours for those who are looking to explore Hawaii on their surfboard. Faith Surf School: 2552 Kalakaua Ave. #200. Honolulu, HI 96815
- Surf Hawaii When you're staying on the North Shore of Oahu, this is the place to go for surf lessons. They teach beginner, intermediate and advanced classes and offer instruction from certified lifeguards. Surf Hawaii: 62-148A Lokoea Place. Haleiwa, HI 96712
- Goofy Foot Surf School Founded in 1975 and originally a one-man operation, Goofy Foot offers private and group lessons in Maui. Founder Tim Sherer promises that if you don't learn how to stand up and ride a wave during your two hour lesson, you won't have to pay for your lesson. Goofy Foot Surf School: 505 Front St. Shops #123. Maui, HI 95761
No matter which school you pick, remember to bring a comfortable bathing suit, sunblock and a spirit of adventure. Aloha!