5 Best Healthy Foods For Skin
The 5 best foods for healthy skin are going to be foods that involve very little processing and contain a wealth of vitamins A, C and E. These vitamins are great for the skin since they work to cleanse the body while also improving elasticity. No matter how much of these vitamins you consume, your skin may still look unhealthy if your body is carrying around too many toxins. Those toxins have to come out somewhere!
- Dairy products. Dairy products such as cheese and milk contain vitamin A. Since the healthiest dairy products involve pure dairy products, be sure to get natural cheeses instead of processed. Plain yogurt with active yeast cultures is also a great source of vitamin A and has the added benefit of probiotics, which help to naturally maintain the digestive system.
- Fish. Fish carries an enormous amount of vitamin E. Again, this is a case where limited processing is a must. Fish that is farm raised may have hormones that are not necessary to the human body. Try buying wild caught fish instead.
- Citrus products. Citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons carry antioxidants that are of great benefit to your skin. They naturally cleanse the skin from the inside out, leaving you with a better chance at having a natural glow.
- Eggs. If you wonder what is so healthy about eggs, consider the fact that eggs are unborn animals that contain the nutrients essential to creating a new life. Naturally, the less processing that the eggs go through the better off you are. They are also a great source of protein. Boiled eggs never touch a stick of processed margarine or oil, so they are healthy just as they are.
- Butter. As odd as it may sound, butter is actually good for the skin. It contains the fats needed to help the antioxidants do their job. Butter is also better for you than margarine, which is one molecule away from being plastic. Just think about that one for a minute.