Here is a list of the five best hip-hop songs from November 2008. Even though some say hip-hop is dead it is still very much alive. Hip-hop has never been defined by just one sound, it has always represented a way of life. Today hip-hop caters to a new generation of avid music lovers. Here is the list, see if you agree.
- Lil Wayne – “A Milii" – The biggest record of 2008, this song has one of the most infectious hooks ever winning it a Grammy for Best Rap Solo Performance in 2009. Peaking high on the song charts solidified it as one of the best hip-hop songs of 2008.
- T.I. & Jay-Z ft. Kanye West & Lil Wayne - "Swagga Like Us" – Four hip-hop heavyweights on one track? The song was released as the second single from T.I.’s sixth studio album "Paper Trail" and won the Best Rap performance by a Duo or Group at the 2009 Grammy Awards.
- Kanye West – “Love Lockdown” – This song was the lead of single for Kanye’s fourth studio album "808s & Heartbreak." Going away from his usual direction Kanye resurrected a new sound and stepped out of the box auto-tuning his vocals and synthesizing his production. Though it was initially not well received, the song was named the best song of 2008 by Time Magazine and sold over 1.9 million digital units.
- Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West – “Put On" – When Def Jam roster mates Young Jeezy and Kanye West came together on Jeezy’s lead single “Put On," who knew it would be one of the hottest hip-hop songs of the year. Produced by Drumma Boy “Put On” showcased Jeezy stepping out of the box and delivering one the best verses in his career. Released mid 2008, this hip-hop song stayed hot till the end of the year and was nominated for a Grammy in 2009 for Best Rap Performance by Duo or Group.
- T.I ft. Rihanna – “Live Your Life” – With the alluring vocals of pop icon Rihanna, this hip-hop song transcended T.I into the pop world, proving why he is still the king of the south. This hip-hop song had radio spinning it countless times a day and the clubs making sure it was an anthem for 2008. The single sold over three million units in the U.S. and won several awards including the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards Best Male Video.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.