If you're interested in watching a film based on historical events, you’ll want to check out the 5 best historical movies of 2010. These movies cover varying time periods and feature award-winning actors such as Colin Firth, Diane Lane, and Russell Crowe.
- “The King’s Speech.” This movie starring Colin Firth revolves around the true story of King George VI, who struggled with a speech impediment on the advent of World War II. Firth’s sympathetic portrayal of the royal figure and Helena Bonham Carter’s supporting role as his wife make this one of the best historical movies of 2010.
- “Secretariat.” In this best historical movie based on a true story, Diane Lane plays a housewife who becomes a jockey and races to the top against all odds. The 2010 film also contains a winning performance by John Malkovich, who plays her trainer.
- “Made in Dagenham.” This British film is based on the true story of a group of women who called for equal treatment at the Ford car factory that they worked at. The film is set in the 1960’s and contains an inspirational story; check it out to see one of the best historical movies of 2010.
- “Night Catches Us.” This best historical film from 2010 is set in 1970’s Philadelphia. The movie stars Anthony Mackie and Kerry Washington as Black Power members who return back to their divided hometown in Philadelphia.
- “Robin Hood.” This movie technically isn’t historically accurate, but it’s a classic medieval tale that will take you back to the 13th century. Russell Crowe plays the quintessential hero, while Cate Blanchett stars as Marion in this action-packed historical fiction movie from 2010.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."