The 5 best historical movies are entertaining movies that make learning fun. When people see a historical movie that uses accurate facts, they wind up knowing more about past events than they ever could have expected. Get ready to educate yourself by watching the movies on the list of five best historical movies ever.
- "Apollo 13" (1995). This entry on to the list of five best historical movies ever was based on the Apollo 13 mission to the moon that had to be aborted due to an onboard explosion. It stars Tom Hanks and Kevin Bacon and was directed by Ron Howard. The detail to which the movie goes into helps the audience appreciate the dire situation the astronauts were in and the engineering brilliance that went in to saving their lives.
- "Great Balls of Fire" (1989). It may seem curious to include "Great Balls of Fire" (1989) as one of the five best historical movies ever, but it encapsulates an era in rock and roll that is critical to the development of modern music. It is a biographical movie about rock and roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis that stars Dennis Quaid and Winona Ryder. While watching the infamous rise of Lewis throughout the movie, we are also exposed to how rock and roll was perceived in Europe and why Lewis was never allowed to take his place with Elvis and Johnny Cash as a musical pioneer.
- "The Diary of Anne Frank" (1959). World War II is always an interesting movie topic, but the plight of German Jews is never explored as deeply as it is in this movie. It stars Millie Perkins and the film points out every painful detail that Jews hiding from the Nazis had to endure. It teaches a lesson about human endurance, and it also shows just some of the atrocities that the Nazis committed.
- "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1930). This movie is said to be based on the real experiences of German soldiers during World War I. What "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1930) does show us is the way that war is glamorized by society and how war not only kills the body but also breaks the human spirit.
- "Patton" (1970). "Patton" (1970) is considered to be one of the greatest historical films ever made. On top of an Oscar-winning performance by George C. Scott as General George Patton, the movie is based on the actual events surrounding Patton during World War II. It shows the war from several fronts and helps the viewer to understand how disorganized the Allies were and how fortunate the Allied victory was.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?