The 5 best historical movies list spans numerous film genres. It is, of course, important to learn about history, and through the entertainment industry it can be fun to learn about history. History is not just about how our national was born, or about our adventures to space, or even just about the wars that have been fought. History is about the people, too, that live on in infamy, in the minds and hearts of those who have read about them, heard about them or even watched a movie about them.
- “Apollo 13” takes us into space, and the trials and tribulations of our astronauts. This 1995 film is the story of the Apollo 13 lunar mission, based on the book "Lost Moon." The movie stars Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton, Kevin Bacon, Gary Sinise and Ed Harris. It is in the realness of this movie that the person watching it gets swept away to 1970, when this mission happened.
- In 2001 director Ridley Scott brought the movie “Black Hawk Down” to the big screen. This film was adapted from the book "Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern Warfare" by Marl Bowden and told about the Battle of Mogadishu, a history lesson in war. The movie stars Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Tome Sizemore and Eric Bana.
- “A Night To Remember” is one of the best films of the Titanic disaster. This 1958 film is considered by many a documentary of the events that happened that fateful night of April 14, 1912. The Titanic was dubbed “unsinkable”, but she went down nonetheless, taken out by an ice burg. “A Night To Remember” is a heartbreaking film and very dramatic, especially in all of it's black & white historical cinematic glory.
- One may not think of the movie “GoodFellas” as being a historical film. The fact is that this 1990 Martin Scorsese cult classic hit was based on the book Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi, which told the story of Henry Hill, a former American Mobster turned FBI informant. This piece of history stars Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci.
- A piece of the history of the rodeo world “8 Seconds” told the historical tale of Bull Riding World Champion Lane Frost. Basically a chick flick, this film stars Luke Perry as the ill-fated Frost, telling the tale of how he became the bull rider he was, how he fell in love and how he died doing what he loved. “8 Seconds” also stars Stephen Baldwin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.