The 5 best hurricane movies are fun to watch no matter what the weather is like outside. Hollywood likes to make disaster movies, and many people like watching them. Pick these Hurricane movies up from your video store and see which ones you like the best.
- "The Perfect Storm". This is one of the best hurricane movies of all time. George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg are the stars of this 2000 movie, and it is based on events that took place in 1991. The special effects are brilliant and the acting isn’t bad either. If you like disaster movies, this one should be on your list.
- "The Abyss". This movie came out in 1989 and stars Ed Harris and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. James Cameron wrote and directed the film. Without giving too much away about the plot, it has many underwater sequences and some excellent acting scenes with Harris and Mastrantonio. Cameron adds some twists that make this one of the best hurricane movies to watch.
- "The Day After Tomorrow". This is your basic end-of-the-world disaster flick, but the special effects are great. Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal are father and son in this 2004 movie. In the film, due to a climate crisis there are many bad weather events that occur. The hurricanes are in the winter which makes for some interesting snowstorm scenes. If you like hurricane movies this one is worth checking out.
- "Storm Tracker". Luke Perry of Beverly Hills 90210 fame is the star of this 2000 hurricane movie. It is not on the level of the first three films on this list but it has some decent moments. There is a lot of intrigue and a few hurricanes to keep you interested. If you are a fan of Perry you should pick this one up.
- "The Hurricane". This is a 1937 movie that stars Dorothy Lamour and Jon Hall. If you like classic movies this one is worth watching. The hurricane actually doesn’t show up until late in the movie, but it helps make the ending more enjoyable to watch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …