The 5 best “I Love You, Man” films quotes are some of the most memorable moments of the film. Whether you’ve seen the movie or not, you’ll find each of these quotes exceptional. They capture the wit and humor of this high-quality comedy.
- “Slapping the bass! Slappa da bass! Slappa da bass, mon! Slappa de bass, mon!” Said by Peter, the main character, this quote shows the character’s increasing awkwardness as he leaves his social inhibitions behind. His bizarre accent and behavior is captured perfectly with this moment in the film. This moment is especially memorable as it shows Peter’s increased interest in having a laugh while ignoring normalities.
- “Good. Now gently remove your tampon and try again.” Peter’s new best friend, Sydney, tells him this after Peter’s failed attempt to act manly. This funny way of speaking to him is a wonderful flair of words and wit. Sydney sincerely knows how to put Peter in his place, making Peter see he’s holding back on acting manly and loose. The humor and honesty of this quote makes it one of the best in “I Love You, Man.”
- “Totally, and it smells like fart.” Sydney’s character is introduced when Sydney analyzes a person pretending to be interested in the open house. Seeing the person had just farted, Sydney shows his bluntness by discreetly calling him out on it. The pure honesty and precise analysis of the visitor makes this quote one of the best in “I Love You, Man.”
- “Nah, I don’t know… You nicknamed me Pistol and I just called you… ‘Joben’… It means nothing… I don’t… I’m drunk… I’m gonna call a cab.” This quote is said at the beginning of Peter’s friendship with Sydney, which suggests the clear difference in social competencies between the two, The stark contrast makes Peter’s character extra funny. Nicknaming him a random word, “Joben,” is memorable long after the film has been seen.
- “Your best night in five years is watching ‘Chocolate’ with Johnny Depp? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be embarrassed.” Sydney’s character indiciates his straightforward honesty again. The humor in this quote comes from expressing distaste for a perfectly delightful evening. Sydney clearly disapproves of Peter’s romantic nature that stifles his masculinity and sexuality. This truly is one of the five best “I Love You, Man” movie quotes.