If you are a regular investor, you probably want to know what the 5 best investments for the future are. The collapse of the housing market, the volatility of the stock market and the degradation of the bond market may leave you wondering if there are any solid investments for the future. Rest assured, there are!
- Real estate. The real estate market has taken a huge hit over the last year and a half. For decades, it seemed as if real estate values could only go up, until everything came crashing down. Real estate values have slid so far, though, that there are real bargains to be had. Obtaining a piece of real estate at today’s rock-bottom prices may provide you a rate of return you've only dreamed of. Every real estate market is different, so if you are interested in real estate make sure the market you buy in has hit bottom, or nearly so, and that you expect values to appreciate.
- Healthcare stocks. It is no secret that the average age of the U.S. population is getting older. As such, more and more geriatric medical care is going to be needed. Invest in opportunities that take advantage of this: healthcare stocks, medical device stocks, hospital stocks, etc. Capitalize on the fact that demand for medical services and medical devices is going to skyrocket.
- Cruise line stocks. An aging U.S. population will mean a boon for the cruise line industry. A large portion of cruise line patrons are older; as the population ages, demand for cruise line services is likely to increase. Increased demand leads to top line growth and a greater return on investment. Cruise lines are likely one of the best investments for the future.
- S&P 500 index funds. The United States is a vast country full of natural resources. These natural resources are going to keep the country an economic powerhouse well into the future. Take advantage of the fact that historical returns of the S&P 500 (over the long term) are excellent, and invest in an S&P 500 index fund as one of your investments for the future.
- U.S. government bonds. Everything on this list carries some risk. Reduce the risk associated with your investments for the future by investing in U.S. government bonds. Considered the safest investment in the world, U.S. government bonds provide a modest return in exchange for safe growth. If you are worried about inflation, consider investing in U.S. government TIPS (Treasury Inflation Protected Securities).
Investments for the future should be on the forefront of every investor’s mind. Long-term future investments provide the most reliable returns over the long run, setting an investor up for financial success. Consider these investments for the future a starting point in your research.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.