The 5 Best Iowa Weekend Getaways are available during winter, summer or any other season. Hiking, fishing, golfing and camping are all within driving distance for those that are looking to get away from their current surroundings and enjoy a brief weekend getaway. Below are 5 best Iowa weekend getaways.
- Adventureland Park. Located in the City of Altoona which is only five miles from Des Moines, Adventureland Park is one the best Iowa weekend getaway locations. Divided into themed areas such as Old West Town, a German themed Bavaria and a country fair, Adventureland Park is a huge amusement park. There are plenty of hotels located nearby for a weekend stay.
- Iowa Casinos. Riverboat gambling is another one of the best Iowa weekend getaways. Since Riverboat gambling became legalized in 1991, Iowa gambling on paddle wheel steamer boats has become a weekend getaway on the Missouri River and the Mississippi River. The River Boats offer casino gambling as well as full-service hotel accommodations.
- Okoboji Lake Iowa. As another one of the best Iowa weekend getaways, Okoboji Lake Iowa is one of the three glacier lakes. Camping, boating or golfing are available at the lake year round. The greatest attraction at Okoboji is Arnold Park. Since it was built around the time that amusement parks became popular which was in 1881, Arnold Park is the host to an awesome amusement park.
- Spirit Lake Iowa. Spirit Lake is one of the two natural lakes that are the best Iowa weekend getaway locations. There are plenty of charming bread and breakfast inns as well as hotels in Spirit Lake. Golfing is a very popular activity in Spirit Lake as well as ice fishing, hiking and cycling.
- Iowa Wineries. The wineries in Iowa are some of the best weekend getaway destinations. There are five very well known wine trails that appear in Iowa tourism itineraries which are known not just for wine but also for the most majestic views of the state. There are over 300 vineyards and more than 60 wineries in Iowa. Wine Festivals and special events throughout the year take place throughout Iowa making it a weekend getaway for all to visit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.