5 Best iPod Stereo Connection Kits
The iPod is a great device for people on the go, but if you have ever wanted to listen to your music library from the comfort of your home, then these 5 best iPod stereo connection kits will really get the job done.
- Belkin stereo cable. Belkin has a long history of making video and audio accessories, and their stereo cable for the iPod or iPhone is proof that experience does generate quality. One end of this sleek, polished silver cable plugs directly into your iPod’s headphone jack, while the other end is split into the standard red/white composite cables, meaning that it can be plugged into any stereo or television (provided it has composite inputs). To top it off, the Belkin stereo cable is the cheapest solution for stereo connectivity, and that is always a good thing.
- Cables Unlimited. If your stereo is cluttered with wires, or if you like to keep your cables neat and organized, the RCA to iPod Dock Connector Cable from Cables Unlimited will make keeping track of your wires a cinch. Using the standard composite inputs, the RCA to iPod dock is fitted with a retractable cable that prevents annoying tangles or loose, hanging wires. It also features gold-plated contacts for maximum signal strength and a docking mechanism that locks to your iPod.
- Monster iCable. Monster’s reputation of being a leader in high end audio equipment was built, in part, from their lines of superior audio and video cables. The iCable for the iPod or iPhone, continues their tradition of using nothing but the best components to deliver the highest quality sound around. The iCable uses 24k gold-plated contacts for the greatest signal, and uses XLN technology for superior noise rejection. The iCable connects directly to your iPod’s headphone jack and connects to your stereo using standard RCA pins.
- Philips Universal iPod Cradle. If price is not a factor then you should consider the universal iPod connection kit from Philips. Not only does this connect to your stereo (using a single 3.5 mm wire), but the included dock and remote control allows you to charge your iPod while it is in use. As an added bonus, if your iPod is capable of displaying video the Philips universal cradle can connect to any television that features an S-video input (some iPod revisions are not supported).
- Cyber Acoustics iPod dock. This portable iPod dock from Cyber Acoustics is perfect for listening to music while outdoors. It features two magnetically shielded 3-watt speakers, Xtreme bass technology for maximum volume, and can be plugged into any stereo (using a single 3.5 mm wire) just in case you need a little more power.
Posted on: Aug. 15, 2010