Looking for the five best Irish bars in Chicago for your St. Patrick's Day celebration? (Or maybe you just need a good old-fashioned, rip-snorting night of drunken debauchery!) Either way the best Irish bars in Chicago are waiting for you to discover and explore.
- Fado Irish Pub and Restaurant: The festive spirit is alive and well at the Fado's Chicago location. Hosting events for St. Paddy's Day, English Premier and Champions League activities, live music, and party planning, Fado's offers carefree, not-too-rowdy fun. Fado: 100 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654-5206.
- Grace O'Malley's: Grace O'Malley's is first a bar and second a restaurant, but don't let that fool you. The food here is really great! Particularly appealing are the Irish nachos, Guinness-basted pork chops, and, of course, the Shepherd's Pie and fish and chips. Also located in a terrific neighborhood, Grace O'Malley's has friendly service, lots of options, and the atmosphere you're looking for from one of the best Irish bars in Chicago. Grace O'Malley's: 1416 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605-2811.
- Butch McGuire's Irish Pub: If food, drinks, and atmosphere, are your three criteria for judging the best Irish bars in Chicago, then you will have to consider Butch McGuire's among the crew. A vast and varied beer selection and late hours mean the fun goes rocking all through the night into the early morning hours. Butch McGuire's Irish Pub: 20 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60610.
- Poag Mahone's: Featured in "GQ Magazine" as one of the best burgers in America, Poag Mahone's is a shoo-in for any list of the best Irish bars in Chicago. Great food and an eclectic drink menu add to its reputation. Poag Mahone's: 333 South Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60604.
- Galway Arms Irish Bar and Restaurant: A local favorite for its Sunday live music, friendly wait-staff, diverse drink selection, and high-quality food, Galway looks and feels as good as it tastes, which makes its place on the best Irish bars in Chicago list academic. Galway Arms Irish Bar and Restaurant: 2442 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60614.
If you are at a loss for where to find the best Irish bars in Chicago, you won't be after visiting any of the establishments found here. So hit the streets for great food, atmosphere, and fun, and make your next St. Paddy's Day (or night on the town) one for the ages!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …