Dreaming of sake, sashimi, and sushi, and what might be the 5 best Japanese restaurants in Austin? We've cooked up a full plate of Japanese fan fare that spreads across A-town.
- Uchi. Nestled under tall trees in a renovated home, Uchi is one of the top five Japanese restaurant in Austin. Sushi chef, Tyson Cole, is known for his contemporary flair and creative Japanese dishes. Expect long wait times on weekends unless you've made a reservation. Enjoy appetizers and cocktails on the patio with a lively crowd and indoor dining at the sushi bar or dining tables/booths. Uchi: 801 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704. (512) 916-4808.
- Kenichi. Being one of the five best Japanese restaurants also means being seen. Kenichi is not only the place to dine on premier sushi, but also a gathering place for the in-crowd. If you're not completely sold on sushi, order the ribeye steak or wild game dishes. Kenichi: 419 Colorado St, Austin, TX 78701. (512) 320-8883.
- Sushi Sake. The Spicy Susan, a proprietary roll, is why Austinites consider Sushi Sake to be one of the five best Japanese restaurants. Casual dining in the Arboretum area, moderate pricing and a family atmosphere. Sushi Sake: 9503 Research Blvd, Suite 500, Austin, TX 78759. (512) 527-0888.
- Musashino Sushi Dokoro. Musashino Sushi Dokoro is hidden gem, tucked off North Mopac Expressway, and one of Austin's five best Japanese restaurants. Whether you're in the mood for traditional, no fuss sushi for a reasonable price or authentic Japanese food, Musashino provides service with a smile. Musashino Sushi Dokoro: 3407 Greystone Dr, Austin, TX. (512) 795-8593.
- Kyoto Japanese Restaurant. Located above the Elephant Room in downtown Austin, Kyoto is one of the five best Japanese restaurants. Catering to the lunch business crowd and evening diners, Kyoto offers traditional, Japanese seating along with a sushi bar and table dining. Happy hour Monday through Saturday. Kyoto Japanese Restaurant: 315 Congress Ave, #200, Austin, TX 78701.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …