The 5 best Jay Z Quotes about New York can be inspiring. Older generations might not believe you when you say that because some cannot see any value in the hip-hop culture or rap music. However, Jay-Z is one of the most successful businessmen today. It's easy to quote rappers for the stupid things they say. Sometimes they say things just for the shock value. However, some of the best Jay-Z quotes are encouraging and good for he soul.
- “I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid of not trying,” from "Beach Chair." — The life that is not lived to the fullest is one that is hardly worth living. With this Jay-Z quote from the track "Beach Chair," Jay-Z is reminding us that by not giving it your best shot, may be even worse than losing your life. He suggests that, when you have the chance to do something, always give it your best effort. Of course, it always helps to be richer than god, like Jay-Z. But hey, he still has a good point.
- “I’d rather die enormous than live dormant,” from "Can I Live." — With this quote from "Can I Live," Jay-Z is reminding one and all about the importance of leaving a legacy. And no, it's not a call to eat until your stomach busts. Instead, don't just live your life; live your life in such a way that you will be remembered positively.
- “I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell, I am a hustler baby, I’ll sell water to a well,” from "You Don’t know." — In a sense, the best rappers are also excellent sales people. Hey, anyone that can sell the gangsta lifestyle, the one that kills a lot of young brothers, you gotta be slick. They're not selling a product, though; they're mainly selling their skills. Jay-Z knows he has a gift, and he's not afraid to tell you just how great his gift is.
- “I will not lose, for even in defeat, there’s a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me,” from "Blueprint 2." — Only a loser takes nothing away from losing. Well, with the exception of NBC's The Biggest Loser. In other words, though, winners learn from their defeats. This line from "Blueprint 2" shows that Jay-Z finds a silver lining in every experience — even when he loses.
- “Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself,” from "A Dream." Jay-Z came from humble, poor beginnings, to become a big media player. And this quote suggests that, if he can do it, anyone can. By the way, he's no longer as humble now, as he was during those humble (read: poor) beginnings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.