5 Best Jennifer Connelly Movies
The 5 best Jennifer Connelly movies include films from over the course of two decades. From her early film beginnings as a teenager to her award-nominated later roles, Jennifer Connelly has shown her mettle as a talented and varied performer.
- “Requiem for a Dream” (2000). In addition to Jennifer Connelly, the movie also stars Ellen Burstyn, Jared Leto, and Marlon Wayons. The movie follows the main characters as they each descend deeper into different forms of obsession and addiction. Jennifer garnered critical acclaim for her portrayal of heroin addict Marion Silver.
- “Labyrinth” (1986). This memorable fantasy film starring Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie has become a cult classic in the years following its box office release. Jennifer plays a young girl whose baby brother is kidnapped by Jareth the Goblin King. Her character must enter a labyrinth to find him and bring him back home.
- “A Beautiful Mind” (2001). In the most highly acclaimed of all Jennifer Connelly movies, she plays the wife of Russell Crowe’s character. She won an Oscar and a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Alicia Nash in the film.
- “House of Sand and Fog” (2003). In this gripping drama, Jennifer Connelly stars as a woman locked in a struggle over the ownership of a house. Ben Kingsley plays the patriarch of the immigrant family who also wants the property.
- “Blood Diamond” (2006). “Blood Diamond” also stars Leonardo DiCaprio and received five Academy Award nominations. Jennifer Connelly plays an American journalist caught in the midst of conflict.
Posted on: Apr. 09, 2010