5 Best Juilette Lewis Movies
The 5 best Juliette Lewis movies exhibit her versatility, authenticity, and dramatic prowess. Juliette Lewis is a talented actress that has been in the industry since she was very young, these 5 films are an example of her staying power.
- “Natural Born Killers” (1994). This disturbing and violent film was based on a Quentin Tarantino screenplay and directed by Oliver Stone and goes down as perhaps the best Juliette Lewis movie. Juliette Lewis and Woody Harrelson star as Mallory and Mickey Knox, a married couple on a killing-spree. The film was notorious and controversial for its extreme violence.
- “Cape Fear” (1991). In the film that brought her widespread attention, Juliette Lewis plays teenager Danielle Bowden in this of her best 5 films. This Juliette Lewis movie is a remake of a 1962 film, and was directed by Martin Scorcese. It stars Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte, and Jessica Lange. Juliette Lewis was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.
- “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” (1993). In this Juliette Lewis movie, she plays a young woman who is traveling with her grandmother and befriends Gilbert Grape and his brother Arnie. Johnny Depp plays Gilbert, and Leonardo DiCaprio plays Arnie, who is developmentally disabled. Leonardo DiCaprio received several award nominations for the film, and the movie was met with overall critical acclaim.
- “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (1989). In this classic holiday comedy, Juliette Lewis plays Audrey Griswold, the daughter of hapless Clark. The movie also stars Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo, and Johnny Galecki. Holiday disasters have never been so hilarious.
- “From Dusk Till Dawn” (1996). One of the best of her films, this Juliette Lewis movie also stars George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, and Quentin Tarantino. Tarantino also wrote the screenplay. The film is about criminals and hostages who end up fighting vampires together to survive.
Posted on: Apr. 23, 2010