5 Best Kawasaki Motocross Bikes
For more than 35 years, Kawasaki has been manufacturing and selling motocross dirt bikes, and the 5 best Kawasaki motocross bikes are some of the most preferred bike of American Motocross Association champions. Over the years Kawasaki has improved technology and quality in their motocross selection, and five of the most popular include:
- KX 450F. A liquid-cooled 449cc four-stroke engine powers this 2011 model, designed with improved shifting and new suspension improving overall performance. This has the most power of Kawasaki's current offerings.
- KX 250F. The 250cc engine provides power and speed. Combining a lighter engine with improved handling in a variety of track conditions, this model offers an exceptional ride.
- KX 100. The 2011 model 100cc engine was designed with temperature and clutch control in mind. The middle engine of Kawasaki's line, it provides durability and reliability for riders of any skill level.
- KX 85. Efficiency and ride comfort are key with this 85cc engine model, providing enough power to get ahead on any surface. The water-cooled, dual-stroke engine handles with the best of them.
- KX 65. Kawasaki's smallest offering, this 69cc single engine features a digital ignition and improved throttle response package. A six-speed transmission and a less-than-$4,000 price tag make this an attractive and affordable motocross option.
Take a test ride at your local dealer, giving all the bikes in Kawasaki's line a run. Bikes handle differently for different riders with varied motocross experience. Engine size, handling and speed are things to consider while testing and purchasing a motocross bike. Some bikes are available used, check maintenance records and test ride before you buy.