What are the 5 Best Kickboxing Academies In The World? Kickboxing is a form of mixed martial arts (MMA). Mixed martial arts is a combat sport that allows for full contact between its participants. An offshoot of the martial arts genre, the popularity of kickboxing spans the globe. In addition, kickboxing continues to grow in popularity as a sport. Whether you live in New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, or other points around the world, you will find plenty of options to hone your skills and meet like minded people who enjoy kickboxing. The following academies are five of the best such academies in the world:
- International Karate and Kickboxing Academy: Established in New Zealand in 1998, the International Karate and Kickboxing Academy is recognized the world over for its association with the English Contact Karate Association (ECKA).
- British Martial Arts & Kickboxing Academies (BMAKA): With locations for classes in both London and the North East, the BMAKA was established to offer classes that cater to those of all ages and level of expertise. It particularly offers training and lessons that can accommodate a number of financial positions.
- AmericanKickboxing Academy (AKA): Located in San Jose, California, the AKA is one of the facilities that has pioneered the mixed martial arts field in the United States. Featuring some of the biggest names in the field, the AKA offers public lessons at all levels as well as private training and fighter management on the professional level.
- TexasKickboxing Academy: With more than 20 years of experience, the Texas Kickboxing Academy offers the Katy, Texas area a complete roster of martial arts. By combining movements influenced by traditional Chinese and Muay Thia kickboxing styles and western boxing, the Texas Kickboxing Academy offers its clients a wide range of choices in lessons and professional training.
- TKO Kickboxing Academy: Part of the Total Kickboxing Organization in the United Kingdom, the TKO Kickboxing Academy has locations in Ashford, Maidstone, and Medway to serve the needs of their clients. They offer many levels of classes to suit everyone regardless of level of experience or age.
Although the sport has its origins primarily in the Asian countries with its strong ties to martial arts, by mixing it with aspects from boxing as well as other disciplines, kickboxing appeals to a wide audience of various ages and levels of expertise.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.