5 Best Kids 100 Meter Waterproof Watches
When searching for the 5 best kids' 100 meter waterproof watches, be aware that there are many different types of waterproof watches, and also a wide array of prices and qualities of workmanship. Also be aware that water resistance ratings of 30 to 50 meters are alright for fishing and splashes of water, but not for diving or swimming. Ratings of 100 meters are fine for swimming and water sports such as surfing and snorkeling, but not for scuba diving. The latter requires a true diving watch, resistant to 200 meters, which is suitable for recreational scuba diving. To make a watch water-resistant, gaskets create a tight seal among the components. These gaskets may break down over time, so have them checked by a jeweler occasionally to see if the gaskets need to be replaced. Kids are not to wear this type of watch in showers, baths, hot tubs or saunas because heat is likely to damage the watch. Leather straps are not recommended; instead, select straps made of vinyl, plastic, rubber or metal. Tell your kids to rinse their waterproof watch thoroughly after swimming in salt water.
- Freestyle USA Shark Classic Watch. This original surf watch, which came into being over 25 years ago, is still going strong. Said to be waterproof to 100 meters, this piece includes a stopwatch with a split screen for interval training, plus an alarm, all of which can come in handy in a children's waterproof watch.
- Adidas Response Digital Watch. Water resistant to 100 meters, it has a chronograph, countdown timer, interval timer, 50-lap memory, multiple alarm settings, a "start/lap" button and a very visible display of the date, day of the week and time. Kids will enjoy the features on this waterproof watch.
- Timex 30-lap Ironman Watch. Also water resistant to 100 meters, this watch has an Indiglo night light, 99-lap counter, 30-lap memory, countdown timer and other features.
- Neg Ion Wave Silicone Sports Watch. This watch is waterproof (better than water-resistant). The digital LCD screen uses Imazine (which helps balance the body's electric state) to create negative ions. That prompts relaxation of tense muscles, increased blood circulation and better sleep. A watch like this can be a boon for kids.
- Pulsar Dive Watch. If you want to upgrade to a watch which is water-resistant to 200 meters, this watch uses cutting-edge Solar 4000 technology. You never need to charge its battery because your children exposing it to any light source charges it fully.