There's more to the 5 best Kim Novak movies than the fact that she looks beautiful in them all. She was a bombshell beauty, popular in the late '50s, and often compared to Marilyn Monroe. Novak has been in a number of movies, but a few of them stand out from the rest for their story lines, her costars, and her own acting abilities.
- "Vertigo"(1958)-This Alfred Hitchcock film is definitely the best Kim Novak movie, and not just because of her. James Stewart plays the detective with a fear of heights, who deals with erotic obsession. Kim Novak stole hearts, and messed with heads, in this film. It would cement her as a favorite of many fans and guarantee her fame.
- "The Man With The Golden Arm"(1955)-Another powerful drama, this one of the best Kim Novak movies takes on drug addiction. Frank Sinatra was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Frankie Machine, a heroin addict forced to quit his habit cold turkey. The scenes of his withdrawal in Kim Novak's home are haunting and well acted.
- "Kiss Me, Stupid"(1964)-Although this movie didn't get the best critical acclaim, it is still one of the five best Kim Novak movies. This film proved that Novak was more than just a beauty for drama, but that she could pull out the quirky jokes and does well in comedy, too. With Dean Martin pretty much playing himself, a womanizing alcoholic, and Novak as a whore, the laughs and lewd jokes never stop.
- "Bell, Book and Candle"(1958)-James Stewart and Kim Novak pair up again in this movie, although now they take on humor instead of psychological mystery. Novak plays a witch in this movie who puts a spell on James Stewart. Although not as hilarious or dirty as "Kiss Me, Stupid", this film is supernatural and whimsical. Just perfect for a silly good time.
- "Pal Joey"(1957)-Based on the Broadway play, this musical gets a spot on the list of the five best Kim Novak movies. Although many songs were changed from the play, "Pal Joey" is still a fun musical. Sinatra and Novak team up again, this time with bright and dazzling musical numbers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …