5 Best Kobe Bryant Quotes In 2010
The 5 best Kobe Bryant quotes in 2010 are all the more memorable as well as meaningful in light of the Los Angeles Lakers' victory in the 2010 NBA championship. Kobe Bryant has literally grown up with the sport of basketball, and his quotes demonstrate the ability of a man who has hindsight and retrospection on his side.
- "You can't explain it." This is the best Kobe Bryant quote of 2010 because it is in direct reference to his championship win with the Los Angeles Lakers during the summer. The brevity and terseness of this quote reveal how even athletes who have achieved a lot are still speechless when it comes to articulating their feelings regarding their triumphs.
- "I don't get caught up in the emotion of it, but the facts are just wrong." This Kobe Bryant quote from 2010 is a direct reference to Celtics head coach Doc Rivers' fighting words. Coach Rivers accused the Lakers of failing to beat their best (starting) lineup, since they were without center Kendrick Perkins when the Lakers won. But Kobe is having none of that!
- "I keep my opinion of it extremely simple." This quote by Kobe Bryant refers to the whole decision by LeBron James to leave Cleveland. Kobe makes it clear that despite the mere perception of a rivalry between the two, they are really decent friends. As such, Kobe supports James' decision, but does not really want to get involved in the politics behind that whole controversy.
- "We won the championship, so until we get dethroned we are the team to beat." After being questioned on who the team in the NBA is that is currently the best, Kobe responds confidently that it still is his Los Angeles Lakers. While there is speculation that the Miami Heat is gaining steam due to James' move there, Kobe swiftly bats down any talk of that kind.
- "You can't say that Miami is a clear cut in the East, just as you can't say that we're a clear cut in the West." Kobe here is talking about the competitiveness of the upcoming NBA season. While he still maintains that the Lakers are top dogs, he's also hedging his bets and underpromising, which is a great way to keep things in perspective and grounded.