Looking for the 5 best laptops for Serato? Basically, every laptop on the market now is more than sufficient to run Scratch Live or Serato Digital DJ Hardware. It's not a video game that needs a super-fast multi-core processor. A computer with one gigabyte of RAM can run it. However, two gigabytes would be better to avoid potential problems. Anyone running Serato will want at least a 1.6 ghz processor and two gigabytes of RAM to run Windows Vista. The two big names in computers are Mac and Dell, followed by HP. Mac is the preferred, number-one selling computer, however it carries a hefty price tag. Dell computers are very similar and are more affordable, but there have been complaints of problems running Serato on the Dell. HP is a good, affordable choice; however, HP has had problems with the internal microphones on their computers. If you are planning to use the internal microphone for any reason, steer away from the HP.
- Apple MacBook Pro MC374LL/A 13.3-inch laptop. The average price for this laptop is $1,199. This one has four gigabytes of RAM and a 2.26 ghz processor. It also has a long battery life, nine to ten hours. The Pro Mac computers are very durable and very fast. There are few complaints when dealing with a Mac, except for the hefty price tag.
- Apple MacBook Pro MC371LL/A 15.4-inch laptop. With a price tag of around $1,729, this computer also has four gigabytes of RAM and a 2.4 ghz processor. This is almost the same computer as the MC374, except the consumer is paying $600 more for the bigger screen.
- Apple MacBook MC207LL/A 13.3-inch laptop. This Mac is priced at a reasonable $944, but it doesn't have the processing power the newer models have. It would work fine for Serato. It has two gigabytes of memory and a 2.26hz processor.
- HP Pavilion DV6-2162NR 15.6-inch laptop. This laptop is affordably priced at around $730. However, it has a short battery life. The battery last only about 4.5 hours compared to the seven- to ten-hour batteries on the Mac. Consumers will want to have a back-up battery or power cord available when on the go.
- Dell Vostro 3700. This is Dell's newest and greatest small business professional laptop, amazingly priced at about $630 fully loaded. It has an Intel Core processor and six gigabytes of memory. There shouldn't be any problems running Serato with that kind of hardware.
If budget is not an issue, Mac computers are most definitely the top of the line choice for Serato users. However, the Dell Vostro looks pretty good too. Basically it's all about speed and memory. As long as the computer has at least two gigabytes of memory and a speed of at least 1.6 ghz, there shouldn't be any problems.