5 Best Latin American Athletes
Do you want to know the five best Latin American athletes? There are many Latin American athletes but not all of them are necessarily effective ones. The five best Latin American athletes have had capacities all athletic individuals need to possess. Many Latin American athletes are professionals who play major sports in certain parts of the world. If you want to know the current five best Latin American athletes, read the information below.
- Oscar De La Hoya. De La Hoya was a boxer who was famous for his unique boxing techniques. He won a gold medal at the Barcelona Olympic Games in 1992. You definitely do not know the five best Latin American athletes if you are not aware of De La Hoya because he was a very famous Mexican-American boxer.
- Alex Rodriguez. If you love the MLB, you are probably aware of Rodriguez as he is one of the most well-paid athletes in America. Rodriguez has helped the New York Yankees for many seasons and has won many awards. Drafted by the Seattle Mariners in 1993, Rodriguez became the American League MVP in 2005 as a New York Yankees player.
- Nancy Lopez. She is part of the LPGA Tour and has won more than 40 events that have been hosted by this particular league. She retired from golfing in 2003 but she came back four years later.
- Sott Gomez. As a hockey player, Gomez has won the Stanley Cup two times and he became a top scorer in the ECHL during season 2004/2005. He has played two All-Star Games in the NHL.
- Juan Chi Chi Rodriguez. He was the first first Puerto Rican to be selected as part of the World Golf Hall of Fame. Rodriguez became a professional golfer in 1960 but after 1993, he was no longer active. Rodriguez was a very popular golfer during his early days. He was able to encounter eight PGA Tour wins and twenty two Senior PGA Tour wins. At the age of 28, he won a Denver Open as a professional golfer.