According to Murex d'Or 2010, a Lebanese award ceremony created by Lebanese brothers Dr. Zahi and Dr. Fadi Helou to recognize achievements in the domain of art in Lebanon and the Arab region, the 5 best Lebanese male singers of last year were the following men.
- Wael Kfoury. His real name is Michel Emile Kfoury. He was born in 1974 in Hawch al Oumara, Lebanon. He studied at the "USEK" University and the Conservatoire libanais national supérieur de musique in Beirut. In 1992 he participated a talent show called "Studio El Fan" and won the gold medal. He has won many awards throughout his career including 5 "Murex D'or". He has released many successful albums and has had many world tours. He is nicknamed as "the king of romance”.
- Fadel Shaker. Fadel Abdulrahman Shamandar was born in 1969 in Saida, Lebanon. He has performs many original songs by Arab legends like Umm Kulthum, Abdel Halim Hafez, Farid Al Attrach, Mohammed Abdel Wahab and many others. He always tries to preserve the true Arabic musical style in all of his songs, the maqamat, which is the hardest of Arabic melodies. His songs are known to have no western melody influences. Fadel is known for his unique singing style and has built a huge fan base throughout the Middle East.
- Ragheb Alama. Ragheb Subhi Alama was born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1969. He was admitted to the Conservatoire where he excelled in his studies of lute. He took part in the LBC TV program “Studio al Fan” and won a “Murex D'Or 2009” gold medal for his achievements over the past 25 years in the area of folklore songs. Ragheb’s concerts are the most sought after and have the largest turnout of any.
- Marwan Khoury. Marwan Khoury is a Lebanese singer, writer, composer and producer. Marwan was enrolled at the “USEK” University in Lebanon where he studied piano, Music Harmony and Theory and Music History. During his university years he won a prize in a music composition contest. Throughout his career Marwan has twice been awarded the Murex D'Or. He composes songs for many singers such as Fadel Shaker, Asala, Carole Samaha, Elissa, Melhem Zein, Bassima and others. Marwan Khoury is considered one of the most respected Lebanese and Arab artist. His fantastic live performances at the Opera House of Egypt and Cartage Festival of Tunisia among others are great proof of his success.
- Melhem Zein. Melhem Zein was born on 1982 in Shmistar, Lebanon. His career began after being ranked 3rd in Super Star 1, the Pan-Arab version of American Idol. He first participated in the singing program "Kaas Al Nojoum" on the Lebanese LBC channel. Melhem was given the title "Al Rayyes" (The Boss) of the Lebanese folklore songs for singing “Endak Bahriyya Ya Rayyes” by the Lebanese songwriter Wadi El Safi on Super Star. Now Melhem leads his own singing career. He has released two albums; “Enti Msheeti” in 2004 and “Baddi Hibbik” in 2006. Both albums were a great success. He is the youngest of the mentioned best singers and has a promising future.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.