While Monty Python's "Life of Brian" is likely best known for all the religious controversy it caused upon release, fans of the film will fondly recall the 5 best "Life of Brian" quotes. When reading these funny movie quotes, it's best to keep the most familiar New Testament stories in mind. For instance, when the wise men are quoted in the movie, think of the Christmas story, and when followers sound stupid speaking with Brian, picture Jesus and his disciples.
- Brian: "I am NOT the Messiah!" Arthur: "I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few." Although religious folks were highly critical of "Life of Brian," this quote points out how the film made fun of religious nuts, more than religion.
- Wise Man #1: "We were led by a star." Brian's mother: "Led by a bottle, more like." Hey, if you were there, might you also suspect these "wise men" had been drinking?
- Ex-Leper: Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper? Brian: "Did you say 'ex-leper'?" Ex-Leper: "That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir." Brian: "Well, what happened?" Ex-Leper: "Oh, cured, sir." Brian: "Cured?" Ex-Leper: "Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!" Brian: "Who cured you?" Ex-Leper: "Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! 'You're cured, mate.' Bloody do-gooder." Oh yes, there is a down side to healing.
- Brian's mother: "What star sign is he?" Wise Man #2: "Capricorn." Brian's mother: "Capricorn, eh? What are they like?" Wise Man #2: "He is the son of God, our Messiah." Wise Man #1: "King of the Jews." Brian's mother: "And that's Capricorn, is it?" Wise Man #3: "No, no, that's just him." Brian's mother: "Oh, I was going to say, otherwise there'd be a lot of them." How about a nice shot at astrology, while they're at it?
- Brian's mother: "Who are you?" Wise Man #2: "We are three wise men." Brian's mother: "What?" Wise Man #1: "We are three wise men." Brian's mother: "Well, what are you doing creeping around a cow shed at two o'clock in the morning? That doesn't sound very wise to me." If these "wise men" weren't drinkers, then maybe they were just weird.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?