While Monty Python's "Life of Brian" is likely best known for all the religious controversy it caused upon release, fans of the film will fondly recall the 5 best "Life of Brian" quotes. When reading these funny movie quotes, it's best to keep the most familiar New Testament stories in mind. For instance, when the wise men are quoted in the movie, think of the Christmas story, and when followers sound stupid speaking with Brian, picture Jesus and his disciples.
- Brian: "I am NOT the Messiah!" Arthur: "I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few." Although religious folks were highly critical of "Life of Brian," this quote points out how the film made fun of religious nuts, more than religion.
- Wise Man #1: "We were led by a star." Brian's mother: "Led by a bottle, more like." Hey, if you were there, might you also suspect these "wise men" had been drinking?
- Ex-Leper: Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper? Brian: "Did you say 'ex-leper'?" Ex-Leper: "That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir." Brian: "Well, what happened?" Ex-Leper: "Oh, cured, sir." Brian: "Cured?" Ex-Leper: "Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!" Brian: "Who cured you?" Ex-Leper: "Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! 'You're cured, mate.' Bloody do-gooder." Oh yes, there is a down side to healing.
- Brian's mother: "What star sign is he?" Wise Man #2: "Capricorn." Brian's mother: "Capricorn, eh? What are they like?" Wise Man #2: "He is the son of God, our Messiah." Wise Man #1: "King of the Jews." Brian's mother: "And that's Capricorn, is it?" Wise Man #3: "No, no, that's just him." Brian's mother: "Oh, I was going to say, otherwise there'd be a lot of them." How about a nice shot at astrology, while they're at it?
- Brian's mother: "Who are you?" Wise Man #2: "We are three wise men." Brian's mother: "What?" Wise Man #1: "We are three wise men." Brian's mother: "Well, what are you doing creeping around a cow shed at two o'clock in the morning? That doesn't sound very wise to me." If these "wise men" weren't drinkers, then maybe they were just weird.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Now Fat and Scruffy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar Tells Us All About ...
The man formerly known as Zack Morris is hairier, heftier and playing a Major League catcher in the new FOX show.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.