5 Best Lightweight Road Cycling Shoes
The 5 best lightweight road cycling shoes are those shoes you will thank your lucky stars that you have the next time you need to perform some intense road cycling. Swift, light, aerodynamic and purposeful, road cycling shoes are a near-perfect meeting of efficiency with agility, allowing you the best performance on your bicycle.
- Pearl iZUMi Men's Select Road Cycling Shoe. If you want a lightweight road cycling shoe that features a 1:1 ratio for your heel cup, then this is it. This ratio simply indicates that your cycling shoe's power transfer and heel hold will be second to none. If you crave great arch support, this shoe also satisfies your needs with an insole for transverse arch support.
- Shimano SH-RO86L Cycling Shoe. The second-best lightweight road cycling shoe out there, this Shimano model features the versatility and flexibility to both race on the road as well as on the mountain. If maximizing your power on the downstroke of your peddling is your top issue, then this shoe has you covered with its outsole that has been reinforced through fiberglass. Each downstroke provides maximum energy transfer from shoe to pedal.
- Pearl iZUMi Men's PRO Road Cycling Shoe. With its synthetic mesh and leather, this cycling shoe from Pearl is said to be the lightest they've ever made in their history. Superior breathability is a concern for so many riders because you want your feet not to sweat too much, so this Pearl PRO road cycling shoe takes care of that for you with its direct vent technology.
- DMT Kyoma Road Cycling Shoe. The very lightweight microfiber upper on this road cycling shoe is what ensures you great performance while riding it. In addition, it also comes with three touch-fasten straps, permitting you to strap yourself in to your shoes with all the peace of mind and security in the world. After all, when you're road-racing, you should be made to feel that your shoes will stay on no matter what.
- Serfas Podum Road Cycling Shoe. This is the final lightweight road cycling shoe, and it is a well-rounded and affordable package, reasons for its inclusion in this list. Its many features like multiple uses (road cycling, touring or distance riding), cooling vents under your foot, and the power transfer capabilities of the stiff sole all combine to make this a solid choice.