5 Best Louisiana Government Jobs
Louisiana is known for it’s food and people, but here the 5 best Louisiana government jobs. With several major cities and sprawling suburban areas, there are many government jobs, no matter what you’re interested in doing for a living or where you want to live.
- Registered Nurse. The Department of Corrections needs nurses to help provide care to inmates. Since the prisons are open 24 hours per day, they need nursing staff around the clock. This is a good government job, because there is a steady flow of work.
- Social Worker. If you have a master’s in social work, you are qualified to be a social worker for the Louisiana government. The government needs social workers in numerous settings, including hospitals and prisons and the department of Veteran’s Affairs. Qualified social workers are in high demand.
- Custodian. With numerous buildings statewide, there is a constant need for people who will clean and maintain the buildings. After passing the civil service exam, you would be eligible to work as a custodian at many locations.
- Electrician. As technology develops, there is a huge demand for electricians who can work on older buildings to ensure they accommodate the current needs of people to charge multiple devices and power several computers at once.
- Politician. Although it’s not the most populated state, Louisiana has an important coast line. Getting involved in Louisiana politics is a great job to help change the world.
Now that you have an idea of some of the best Louisiana government jobs, it’s time for you to find the perfect fit for you. If you’re a military veteran, you will get preference for some jobs. Send your resume out, and keep a positive attitude. Soon enough, you will be working for the government in Louisiana.