5 Best Low Calorie Drinks
If you are trying to cut calories, there is no reason to cut out the drinks with these 5 best low calorie drinks. You can still sit back and enjoy a refreshing drink with friends or family without worrying about consuming to many calories if you make one of these low calorie drinks. With both alcoholic and non alcoholic options you can decide where the day will lead you.
1. Sangria Sparkler
With only 100 calories per serving this is a great low calorie drink.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 cup light orange juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 cups chilled club soda
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients except for club soda.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- When time to serve pour mixture into glasses and add about 1/4 cup club soda to each glass.
- Serve over crushed ice if desired.
2. Low Calorie Mojito
- 2 large limes, cut into pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- In a blender combine lime pieces, 2 cups water, and 2/3 cup sugar. Cover and blend for 30 seconds. Do not puree.
- Strain into a large pitcher. Mix in 2 cups additional water.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 12 hours.
- Stir in rum. Divide mint among glasses, and press to release flavor.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in mixture.
3. HoneyDew-Kiwi Smoothie
A low calorie nonalcoholic smoothie, this has just 110 calories per serving.
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut up
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut up
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients except for ice in a blender. Blend until smooth,.
- Add ice, and cover and blend until cubes are crushed.
4. Low Calorie Frozen Lime Margarita
- 12 oz can frozen limeade concentrate
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup light orange juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 of a lime
- coarse salt
- In a blender combine limeade, tequila, and orange juice. Blend until combined.
- With blender running, add ice cubes one at a time. Blend until it is slushy.
- Cut a lime slice and rub around the rim of glasses. Dip rims into salt.
- Pour mixture into glasses.
5. Low Calorie Pomegranate Martinis
- 1/2 of medium orange, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 1/3 cup pomegranate syrup
- 3 tbsp dry vermouth
- ice cubes
- Rub orange around rims of glasses. Dip rims into sugar.
- In a pitcher, combine vodka, pomegranate, and vermouth.
- Put ice in a martini shaker. Add 1/4 cup of mixture and shake.
- Strain into glasses.