Here are the 5 best lowrider shows. Lowriding is more than just a sport, it is a heritage. Derived from the Chicano/Mexican culture, the lowrider is a true work of art filled with custom designed vintage hydraulics and explosive sound systems.
- The Grand National Roadster Show is on its 62ndyear, reserving the right to be called one of the longest standing indoor car shows today. Once called the Oakland Roadster Show it promises to offer a variety of vehicles including lowriders. Between two days, you are able to view close to 1200 vehicles along with live music, an awards ceremony and celebrity guests. The 2011 show will be held in Pomona, CA on January 28-30, 2011.
- Phoenix Hop is described as one of the ultimate lowrider hydraulic competitions present to date by working to constantly improving to create success for the energy powered event. So rain, sleet or snow this show goes on to display the best hydraulic exhibitionist in the game. The competition has been ramped up to revolve around safety making the main mission to bring its spectators the best and safest show. The competition is just what its name implies; the hops are measured by a measuring stick. All the best hoppers must compete against one another to reveal who can outhop the other. The competition consists of three cars per class, which leads to an elimination of each through electrifying performances which involves the crowd whose applauds serve as judge and jury.
- Phoenix Arizona Lowrider Tour is set early in the year in Phoenix, Arizona. The Arizona Lowrider Tour promises to bring packed grounds of enthusiastic spectators to see some of the best custom paint, hydraulics and sound systems in the southwest.
- SEMA Show is the head automotive specialty products event in the world. Unfortunately, the SEMA show is not open to the general public. This show is for the elite industry leaders from more than 100 countries for opportunities in the automotive, truck and SUV markets. This show is not just a display of fantastic displays, it also brings educational seminars, special events as well as networking opportunities.
- Las Vegas Super Show is known as one of the most successful car shows of its kind. The Super show is now the longest standing car show that has been around since the late 1970’s. This annual event takes place in Sin City during the month of October which means usually the weather is cooperative.