Want to know the 5 best luau recipes? Whether you are throwing an island-themed party or you just want to impress your friends at the next barbeque, here are the 5 best luau recipes.
- Kalua pua'a. This is an extremely simple, inexpensive luau recipe that uses pork butt. Simply take a 3 lb. pork butt and rub sea salt into the flesh on all sides. Put the pork in a medium roasting pan with water (or you can use beer, wine or juice, but it will change the flavor) about 1 inch up the side of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degreed fahrenheit for two to three hours. The meat will be falling off the bones.
- Khal Bi. Khal Bi is a delicious way to make spare ribs. Have the butcher cut 4 lbs. of short ribs into two-inch pieces and then butterfly them. Take them home and score the meat. Marinate the meat in a mixture of 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1/4 tbsp. pepper, 1 tbsp. minced garlic, 1 tbsp. honey, 1/2 tsp. ginger, 1 tsp. sesame oil, and 1/4 cup minced green onions. Broil for three to five minutes each side.
- Huli Huli. This luau recipe is a way of preparing chicken skewers that is spicy and sweet and so good to eat. Begin by slicing six chicken breasts into four long, thin pieces (against the grain). Barbeque the skewers on the tallest shelf in the grill, brushing them with a mixture of 1 cup mango chutney, 1 cup oyster sauce, 3/4 cup Thai chili sauce, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup fish sauce, 1/4 cup minced garlic, 1/4 cup minced ginger, 1/4 cup curry powder, and chopped cilantro to taste until done.
- Lomi Lomi. This luau recipe is a way of preparing salmon that will be sure to have your guests talking. All you do is take 3 lbs. of diced salmon and toss it with four tomatoes, diced, two sweet onions, diced, and 1/2 lb. green onions. Refrigerate for at least three hours or until ready to serve.
- Long Rice. This dish is named for the seasoned bean threads so popular at Hawaiian luaus. Begin by parboiling and shredding two lbs. of boneless chicken thighs. Next, soak the long rice in water until soft. Lastly, combine the chicken thighs and long rice with 2 tbsp. chicken base, 2 tbsp. ginger, and 1 tsp. garlic. Bring all to a boil and simmer until the long rice is cooked through.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …