The 5 best Maine weekend getaways are great places to relax and unwind. These weekend getaways all take place at five of Maine’s beautiful inns and B&B’s. Maine is a beautiful state that is full of charm. Maine is best known for its pristine natural surroundings and crystal clear coastlines. Maine weekend getaways are the perfect opportunity to celebrate love, life and happiness.
- The Brewster Inn. The Brewster Inn has the best Maine weekend getaway packages available. The Weekend Special includes three nights, Friday through Sunday with a 30% discount on the third night. The Romance Package is $80 plus the room rate. You do get your choice of any room in the inn for this package. The package includes a bottle of champagne, fresh strawberries and a dozen of red roses with vase waiting in your room. The Brewster Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places. The inn is a classic 1930’s style with original wood paneling, fireplaces and window seats. The Brewster Inn: 37 Zion Hill Road, Dexter, ME 04930.
- Pinecrest B&B. The Pinecrest B&B is one of the best Maine weekend getaways. They have exciting year round events such as wine tastings, cooking workshops, Sunday afternoon concerts and local authors’ book signings. The inn has seven guest rooms with private baths. Amenities include luxury 400+ linens, wireless internet, Turkish bathrobes, TV with cable and refreshment center. Pinecrest B&B: 91 South Street, Gorham, ME 04038.
- Kennebunkport Inn. The Kennebunkport Inn has been featured on the Travel Channel’s “Maine’s Best Escapes” so it is the perfect Maine weekend getaway. One of the packages they feature is called The Main Lobster Tale. This package includes lodging in one of their rooms for two nights, a four course dinner at the inn’s restaurant, breakfast each morning and a scenic tour of Kennebunkport. Rates for this package are determined by room options. Amenities of each room include high speed wireless internet, hair dryer in the bathroom, toiletries, telephone and cable TV. Kennebunkport Inn: One Dock Square, Kennebunkport, ME 04046.
- Inn at Tanglewood Hall. For the best Maine weekend getaway, check out their Luxury Weekend Getaway Escape for Two. The package includes two nights lodging, gourmet breakfast each morning, champagne with chocolate truffles and four course dinners for two with unlimited menu choices at Clay Hill Farm Restaurant. The inn is a former York Historical Society Decorator Show House. Each room has several amenities including memory foam luxurious comfort queen size beds, private bathrooms, LCD widescreen cable TV with DVD player, wireless internet, telephone and bathroom amenities. Inn at Tanglewood Hall: 611 York Street, York, ME 03911.
- York Harbor Inn. York Harbor Inn is the perfect place for a Maine weekend getaway because the inn has received several awards. For example, the cuisine has been recognized by Food and Wine Magazine, Country Living Magazine named the inn “Inn of the Month” and the dining room executive chef, Gerald Bonsey, was named one of the top chefs in Maine by Portland magazine. The inns 54 guest rooms include TV, telephone, clock radio, wireless internet and iron with ironing board. One of the packages the inn offers is the Murder Mystery Dinner which includes two nights lodging, continental breakfast each morning, Saturday night event dinner, use of outdoor hot tub and coffee, tea and soft drink in the lobby. York Harbor Inn: Coastal Route 1A, York, ME 03911.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)