5 Best Mercedes Benz Sports Cars
If you're in the market for a cool set of wheels, you should check out the 5 best Mercedes Benz sports cars. Since 1926, German auto manufacturer Mercedes Benz has designed some of the most reliable vehicles. Here is a list of 5 of the best Mercedes Benz sports cars you can own.
- 2010-present: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. This sporty performance Benz is destined to be one of the greatest of the 21st Century. The SLS AMG has exotic Gullwing doors. This sports car has a 6.3 liter 32 valve V-8 engine that produces 563 horse power at 6300 rpm, and a 7-speed automatic or standard transmission. The top speed of the SLS AMG is 197 mph.
- 2003-2010: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. This Benz used to be one of the most expensive sports cars in the world. A 5.5 liter supercharged V-8 with 617 hp takes it from 0-60 in just over three seconds. The SLR also boasts an eleven second quarter mile, and has a top speed of 211 mph.
- 1971-1989: Mercedes-Benz R107 SL. In the 1970s the SL Benz was "the" sports car to own; it has a 222 hp engine. It was one of the longest running models in the company's history. The SL Benz used to be a symbol of the good life.
- 1955-1963 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL " Gullwing." The 300 SL with Gullwing doors was the fastest production car of its time; and was the first car with fuel injection. The 300 SL's in-line V-6 engine produced between 212 and 220 hp, and has a top speed of about 160 mph.
- 1928-1932 Mercedes-Benz SSK. This sporty roadster was the fastest car in the world in its day, it had a top speed of 120 mph when most cars were struggling for 60 mph. The SSK has a 200-300 hp 7 liter in-line V-6 engine. There were less than 40 of these cars built.