5 Best Mercedes Sports Cars
Sleek design, superb engineering and great handling capability are what make the five best Mercedes sports cars stand out among their peers. Over the years, Mercedes-Benz has developed concept and experimental cars that served as the prototypes of the Mercedes-Benz sports cars. Their experiments paid off. Every Mercedes sports car that comes out of the factory is a testament to Mercedes' philosophy that comfort, luxury and performance need not be mutually exclusive.
- 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. This car boasts of an unrivalled technology package. It includes a 6.3-liter V8 front-mid engine that delivers a walloping 420 kW/ 571 hp peak output, 650 Nm torque and dry sump lubrication and a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission in a transaxle configuration. With a top speed of 200 mph, this beauty can go from zero to 62 mph in 3.8 seconds. This awesome combination of features guarantees great handling capabilities as well as comfort.
- 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss. Here is a car that is unlike anything you’d find on the market. It’s a modern version of the classic race speedster. This car doesn’t have a windscreen and is constructed almost entirely of carbon fiber. With a 650 horsepower supercharged V8 engine and a maximum speed of 217 mph, this beauty can take you from zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.
- 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Edition IWC. This is a limited edition sports car—a total of only 200 units. This roadster features benefits from many years of engineering experience. The body is made entirely of carbon-fiber. The engine frames are aluminum, making the car a little different from other roadsters of the same caliber. Its test drive reports reveal outstanding handling capability and performance.
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet. This two-door, four seat model showcases classic features and is based on the award winning E-Class Coupe. It has an elegant styling and a retractable roof. The rear-wheel-drive cabriolet is identical in size to the 2010 E-Class Coupe and matches the coupe's engine options: a 3.5-liter V6 rated at 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque for the E350 cabriolet and a 382-hp 5.5-liter V8 with 391 lb-ft for the E550 cab.
- 2008 Mercedes-Benz Brabus SLR McLaren Roadster. This is a super sports car with high performance and elegant styling. The car has a 5-speed automatic transmission and has a top speed of about 206 mph. The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster boasts of a supercharged V8 engine and a 5439 cc displacement. The engine can output 617 bhp at 6500 rpm enabling the car to go from zero to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds.