Match Merlot wine and food by trying some of the 5 best Merlot food pairings at your next dinner party. Merlot is an earthy full bodied wine with a reddish purple color that blends well with red meats, spicy foods and rich chocolate desserts.
- Meat. Because Merlot is a hearty red wine it pairs well with smoked meats, beef, barbecued burgers, spaghetti and meatballs, veal, lamb, game birds, Italian beef, and barbecued ribs. Plan your meal around the red and game meats that pair well with Merlot. Avoid serving Merlot with fish.
- Vegetables. Merlot pairs well with stuffed or fried Eggplant, asparagus or broccoli covered with a smooth cheddar sauce, garden salad with a creamy rich dressing, and smother red meats with sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions.
- Fruits. Create a fruit and cheese appetizer tray by adding blackberries, sliced plum, black cherries, and red grapes to the tray. For a fruity dessert, top ice cream or chocolate mousse or pudding with rich fresh berries.
- Cheese. Create a delectable appetizer for Merlot from sliced Parmesan, Gouda, sharp or medium Cheddar, Monterey Jack or smoked Provolone on whole wheat nutty crackers.
- Dessert. The perfect dessert pair for Merlot is chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. Serve chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, double chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream, or deep fat fried chocolate candy bars. So long as it is chocolate it will be an ideal dessert with Merlot.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …