Match Merlot wine and food by trying some of the 5 best Merlot food pairings at your next dinner party. Merlot is an earthy full bodied wine with a reddish purple color that blends well with red meats, spicy foods and rich chocolate desserts.
- Meat. Because Merlot is a hearty red wine it pairs well with smoked meats, beef, barbecued burgers, spaghetti and meatballs, veal, lamb, game birds, Italian beef, and barbecued ribs. Plan your meal around the red and game meats that pair well with Merlot. Avoid serving Merlot with fish.
- Vegetables. Merlot pairs well with stuffed or fried Eggplant, asparagus or broccoli covered with a smooth cheddar sauce, garden salad with a creamy rich dressing, and smother red meats with sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions.
- Fruits. Create a fruit and cheese appetizer tray by adding blackberries, sliced plum, black cherries, and red grapes to the tray. For a fruity dessert, top ice cream or chocolate mousse or pudding with rich fresh berries.
- Cheese. Create a delectable appetizer for Merlot from sliced Parmesan, Gouda, sharp or medium Cheddar, Monterey Jack or smoked Provolone on whole wheat nutty crackers.
- Dessert. The perfect dessert pair for Merlot is chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. Serve chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, double chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream, or deep fat fried chocolate candy bars. So long as it is chocolate it will be an ideal dessert with Merlot.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.