Here is a list of the 5 best Mexican basketball players of all time.When you think of great basketball, you probably don’t think of Mexico. Mexican men are notoriously short, but there are a few standout players who have helped put this Latin-American country on the map over the years.
- Noe Alonzo Chavez. Born in Chihuahua, Mexico in 1983, Chavez is a pro basketball player who participated in the FIBA Americas Championship in 2009. He is 6’8” and plays as a forward for the Tecos UAG in the National Mexican League. He played Division II ball for Independent Grand Canyon University, and was named Division II Independent Player of the Year.
- Victor Avila went pro with the Cabelleros de Culiacan in the CIBACOPA. He also plays for the Halcones UV Xalapa. He is a multi-continental player, having played in the United States, Czech Republic, and Puerto Rico in addition to his home country of Mexico. At 6’11’’ Avila regularly plays for Mexico’s national team.
- Romel Roberto Beck-Castro was born in 1982 in the region of Sonora, Mexico. He is famous for the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship, when he challenged Kobe Bryant in a four-point play against the Los Angeles Lakers. is a Mexican professional basketball player who also plays for the Mexican national basketball team. Beck has played pro ball in Guadalajara, Italy, San Antonio, Houston, and Florida.
- Omar Quintero was born in 1982 in Nogales, Mexico. This 185 pound guard is exactly 6 feet tall. He is a pro basketball player who is currently signed on with the Gigantes de Guyana in the Venezuelan League. He has also played in Spain and Puerto Rico with TAU Ceramica and Cariduros de Fajardo respectively.
- Anthony James Pedroza Durazo was born in Tuscon, Arizona in 1979. He is the only American-born professional basketball player in this list. This 6'3" guard currently plays with the Soles de Mexicali in the National Mexican League. He has played with the Mexican national basketball team as well in several FIBA Americas Championships.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …