To find the best Mexican restaurant in Oakland you will not have to look far. There are many highly rated Mexican restaurants to choose from. Here are the five best Mexican restaurants in Oakland.
- El Taco Zamorano is the best Mexican restaurant in Oakland. Offering big portions at economical prices, two people can easily eat here for under $10. The sopa de pollo has chunks of vegetables and white meat chicken, and is filled with flavor. All of the entrees taste homemade, and well seasoned. For a truly authentic Mexican meal, order the menudo. 4032 Foothill Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94601.
- Taco Grill is located in the Fruitvale section of Oakland. It is an unassuming small restaurant offering tasty, fresh and organic Mexican fare. It features self serve chips and a salsa bar. They use Rocky Free Range chicken, Niman Ranch beef and pork and their tortillas are freshly made to order. Local produce is used and it is evident in their tasty dishes. Don’t forget to try their daily specials. 3340 East 12th Street, Suite 11, Oakland, CA 94601.
- La Borinquena Mexi-catessin & Specialty Shop is a very unique place. It is a combination restaurant, bakery and tienda, or store, with its own tortilla factory as well. Everything is inexpensive and has a great homemade flavor. The chicharrones are especially delicious and their tamales are a favorite of their loyal customers. Finish your meal with a Mexican hot chocolate and something sweet from the bakery. On your way out, pick up some groceries from their well stocked tienda. 582 7th Street, Oakland, CA 94607.
- Santo Coyote is another great modest Mexican restaurant with authentic dishes priced reasonably. One item not found on many other Oakland Mexican menus are the pupusas, handmade and brimming with flavor. The portions are huge and very filling. It is a gem of a place if you are looking for home cooking and a budget friendly menu. 4806 International Boulevard, Oakland,CA 94601.
- Tamarindo Antojeria means "a place of little cravings" in Spanish. Order a variety of small plates brought out by your waiter a couple at a time. They offer ceviche, tostadas, empanada, and many other items, all done with an artistic flair. Complement your meal with a Tamarind Margarita and finish with some delicious churros. You will not be disappointed spending a leisurely night sampling the inventive menu. 468 8th Street, Oakland, CA 94607.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.