In the mood to check out the 5 best Michael Keaton movies? After starting out as a stand up comedian and a small-time television actor, Michael Keaton broke out in some hit comedic films in the 1980s. Though many of his best and most well-known films were made in the 80's and early 90's, he did provide a voice for the 2006 animated feature “Cars” and lends his voice to the upcoming “Toy Story 3.” For now, take a look at some of Michael Keaton’s classics.
- “Batman” (1989). Michael Keaton played Batman in the first film of the wildly successful Warner Brothers franchise. In this film, he faces Jack Nicholson as the Joker and pursues photojournalist Vicki Vale, played by Kim Basinger. Tim Burton directed the film, and provided the movie’s dark tone and atmosphere.
- “Beetlejuice” (1988). Michael Keaton plays Betelgeuse, from whom the movie gets its name. Another Tim Burton film, "Beetlejuice" also stars Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis as a deceased married couple trying to rid their old house of new tenants. They enlist the help of Michael Keaton's character and mischief and comedy ensue.
- "Batman Returns” (1992). In the third Tim Burton film to make the list, Michael Keaton reprises his role as Batman/Bruce Wayne. This time, he faces the Penguin, played by Danny DeVito, and Catwoman, played by Michelle Pfeiffer. Christopher Walken also makes an appearance as an evil and powerful businessman.
- “The Dream Team” (1989). In “The Dream Team,” Michael Keaton is part of a group of psychiatric patients who end up unsupervised on the streets of New York City. His character is the self-appointed leader of the group and a pathological liar. The movie lives up to its name with a dream team of a comedic cast, including Christopher Lloyd, Peter Boyle and Stephen Furst in addition to Keaton.
- “The Paper” (1994). Ron Howard directed “The Paper,” which also stars Glenn Close and Robert Duvall. Michael Keaton works for a New York City tabloid beset with troubles. Marisa Tomei also appears as his pregnant wife.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.