5 Best Military Retirement Gifts
If you need to buy a present for a friend or family member who's about to leave the Armed Services here is a short list of the five best military retirement gifts for you to consider. Remember these fine men and women served for at least twenty years before they can retire with pension, so don’t be shy about shelling out some money for a most memorable token of love and honor for those who served their country.
- Military shadow box. Wooden box lined in black velvet with a glass on front. Inside place squadron patches or coins from every base the person served throughout their military career. This military retirement present can become an heirloom to pass down from generation to generation.
- Poem on a plaque. Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force each have a poem dedicated to that service. Nice frame with poem and graphic illustration in background portraying that armed service is a sentimental gift idea for a retiree.
- USA flag. Wooden case with an American flag folded in a triangle inside. Personalize the gift by engraving the person’s name on the box. Nothing states honor for country like the US flag making this a perfect military retirement souvenir.
- Military watches. While watches are considered a traditional gift for many industries, they look sweet on the wrist. Practical, sentimental and one that is covered with diamonds. Wow! An expensive military retirement present, but they deserve it.
- Personalized collectible weapons. Swords make a great gift, as ancient weapons of war are most befitting a military man or woman. Collectible guns and knives work as well. Try to know which gift is best suited for the retiree.
After a long tenure of service you want to give the best military retirement gift that fits the personality of the person you are buying for. Take your time and choose well. They will appreciate the practical, the sentimental and the outrageous gift as long as it comes from the heart.