5 Best Mini Motocross Bikes
The 5 best mini motocross bikes are going to differ from rider to rider. Some mini motocross bikes are made specifically for kids, while others are made to be used as pit bikes and even for some limited freestyle motocross ventures. Use the information below to determine which one suits your needs the best.
- Electric Dirt Bikes: If you're looking for a mini motocross bike for a young child who may be a bit nervous about riding his or her first dirt bike, the electric version may be what you're looking for. Sometimes just the noise of the motor of a dirt bike can scare a small child, which is why the electric dirt bike is a great one to start with. An added benefit is that they recharge easily with no gas requirements at all!
- Mini Choppers: For the rider who just wants to cruise around and do the dirt bike version of strutting their stuff, the mini chopper is a great choice. This bike is built for cruising, not tricking, so make sure that's the goal before buying this one.
- Custom Mini Bikes: If you know exactly what you want to do with your bike, then you probably know how your bike needs to be made. Build or buy your own custom mini dirt bike so you can make sure you're getting what you pay for and can ride it like you like it!
- Yamaha CRF: Not to do any finger pointing, but Yamaha really knew what they were doing when it came to the CRF. This bike was built to do a multitude of things. It has speed, durability and the typical Yamaha quality that makes it a leader in motocross products. The CRF is great for trail riding, use as a pit bike, limited racing and limited freestyle use. This is really a great bike for a beginner rider or one who really knows how to play with the small bikes!
- Honda TTR: The Honda TTR is pretty comparable to the Yamaha CRF. Both are made to do the same thing. Making the choice between the two is really a matter of preference between the brands.
When you choose your mini motocross bike, keep in mind that size really does matter. Make sure you choose one that can handle your weight and perform the way you want it to.