5 Best MMA Submissions
Here are the 5 best MMA submissions. Getting a submission in the MMA, is similar to a boxer getting a TKO in boxing. If you have the ability to force your opponent to tap out, it says a lot about your abilities in the MMA. With so many submission moves available, it is a tough decision to make, so here are the 5 best submissions in the MMA.
- Rear naked choke. In the MMA, this move is called the rear naked choke, while in professional wrestling, it is known as the sleeper hold. Either way you choose to call it, if you use this move improperly you can seriously hurt a man. Unlike the choke hold, this move causes you to pinch arteries that supply oxygen and blood to the brain.
- Flying Scissors Heel Hook. The only difference between the flying heel scissors hook and the flying scissors heel hook is the heel hook requires you to be standing up. This move was made famous after Rho Chonan forced Anderson Silva to submit.
- Guillotine. The Guillotine is another choke hold. Choke holds are dangerous, but the guillotine is twice as dangerous. The reason the guillotine MMA submission move is deadly is because you can do this move in any position.
- Gogoplata. The gogoplata is a difficult submission to pull off, even in the MMA, but it is extremely effective. By getting your opponent in the right position, you will use both your arms and legs to finish him off. Once this submission move is locked it, it is extremely painful, and your opponent is forced to submit immediately.
- Omoplata. The omoplata is another difficult submission move to pull of, but like the gogoplata, it will be effective. With the omoplata, you use your opponents arm to his disadvantage. Unfortunately, if they do not submit right away, it can cause damage to his shoulder.