Many aspiring actors have acted out these 5 best monologues from Disney movies as part of their audition process or to put on a show. Monologues are typically hard to find in Disney movies because children have shorter attention spans, but these monologues were well written and important to the plot of the movie, as well as amusing and fun.
- The Merchant’s Opening Monologue, “Aladdin” In this Disney movie, the opening scene starts with a whimsical man singing and riding into the marketplace on a camel. After his song, he greets the viewers with his monologue about the items he is selling, ranging from a combination hookah, coffee maker and (that also makes julienne fries) old Tupperware. Seeing that the audience is not interested, he pulls out the famous magic lamp and exclaims, “This is no ordinary lamp! It once changed the course of a young man’s life. A young man who, like this lamp, was more than what he seemed. A diamond in the rough. Perhaps you would like to hear the tale? It begins on a dark night, where a dark man waits, with a dark purpose…” and the tale of Aladdin begins. The merchant’s character has an accent and is fast paced, witty and intriguing, making his Disney movie monologue one of the best.
- The Narrator, “Beauty and the Beast” The beginning of this Disney movie starts out with a narration of the tale of Beauty and the Beast and is read like a storybook. While the script is beautifully written, any actor who performs this monologue has to have a certain mystery and captivate the audience with their voice to bring the story justice and stress the importance of the background behind the Beast. This monologue is enchanting, as all Disney movies should be.
- Alice Falling Down The Rabbit Hole, “Alice in Wonderland” This monologue is whimsical and fun in an old English sort of way. It starts out with Alice chasing the White Rabbit into the rabbit hole, where she inevitably falls. Most of the monologue is Alice musing to herself about the length of the fall. It is clear she is very imaginative and charming in a bubble-brained sort of way. Alice’s musings are highly entertaining, making her monologue one of the best.
- The Queen Performing Dark Magic, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” In this classic Disney movie monologue, the Queen conjures an evil plan to kill Snow White so she will be the fairest of them all. During her monologue, the Queen turns herself into a hag and starts working on a potion to poison the apple she will give to Snow White. Her monologue is wicked, obsessive and very dramatic, earning it the title of one of the best monologues from a Disney movie.
- Captain Barbossa Reveals His Undead Origin, “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” In the monologue, Captain Barbossa reveals to a skeptical Elizabeth Swan his dark origins and the miserable fate he met while stealing treasure. This is one of the best monologues in a Disney movie because it reveals a terrifying secret that excites the mind and gets the heart racing. Not to mention, its performed by a bloody pirate!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."