5 Best Mothers Day Cocktails
All women like pampering now and then, so why not indulge them with one of the 5 best Mother’s Day cocktails? Versions of these cocktails are simple to make and abound with scrumptious flavor.
Possibly the most popular of morning drinks, the mimosa has drinkable ease served in a champagne glass. This drink is an elegant Mother’s Day cocktail.
To make a Mimosa, you will need:
- Chilled champagne
- Chilled orange juice
- Fluted champagne glass
- Fill the champagne glass half-full of chilled champagne of your choice.
- Top off with orange juice and serve.
Orange Juice Refresher
This Mother’s Day cocktail delivers a strong wake up call to those sleepy heads and is super tasty to boot.
To make an Orange Juice Refresher, you will need:
- One part white rum
- One part triple sec
- One part coconut rum
- Three parts chilled orange juice
- Hurricane glass or other tall cocktail glass
- Pour three parts orange juice inside a large cocktail glass.
- Add white rum, triple sec and one part coconut rum.
- Stir and serve over ice.
What woman doesn’t love wine? This hearty sangria recipe bursts with robust flavors. You won’t be disappointed with this Mother’s Day cocktail. And bonus! This recipe makes a huge amount, enough to share with everyone!
To make a pitcher of Sangria, you will need:
- One 750 ml bottle of red wine (Cabernet works well for this recipe)
- Two cups of chilled orange juice
- One cup of spiced rum
- One-half cup of triple sec
- One orange
- Large pitcher or punch bowl
- Wine glass
- Pour one 750 milliliter bottle of red wine in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add orange juice, rum and triple sec.
- Stir and add three large orange slices with peel attached.
- Serve over ice in a wine glass.
This is a great Mother’s Day cocktail for those ladies who love beer. Simple to make and so refreshing, you may find she requests this cocktail more often than just on Mother's Day.
To make a Shandy, you will need:
- One bottle of ice cold beer
- One can ginger ale soda
- Frosted beer mug
- Pour one half of your favorite bottle of beer in a frosted beer mug,
- After foam subsides, top it off with ginger ale soda and serve immediately.
- Preserve remaining ingredients in refrigerator to use for your next drink.
A traditional Mother’s Day cocktail favorite, the Strawberry Daiquiri should not be forgotten.
To make a Strawberry Daiquiri you will need:
- Two parts white rum
- One part triple sec
- Splash of lime juice
- Handful of fresh washed and stemmed strawberries
- Hurricane or other tall cocktail glass
- Combine rum, triple sec and strawberries in a blender.
- Add a splash of lime juice, a few ice cubes and blend together.
- Serve immediately in hurricane glass.
Make your Mother’s Day cocktails special by garnishing these drinks with fun accessories like drink umbrellas, decorative glass swizzle sticks, fruit pieces and fancy glassware.