Avid mountain bike riders know that the 5 best mountain bike clipless pedals are easy to use, safer, and lighter in weight than standard bike pedals. Clipless pedals have many features to choose from including caged styles and styles with build in floaters. Check out a few different pedal options before deciding which one is best for you.
- Shimano PD-M424 Mountain Bike Clipless Pedals. These pedals were designed originally for BMX racing and have quickly become a popular option for mountain bikes. They feature large cages for stability and provide fast entry with angled dual-sided pop-up bindings. These are durable clipless pedals that would be categorized as mid-priced in comparison to other models.
- Nashbar Mountain Bike MTB Clipless Pedals. Any mountain bike rider will enjoy the smooth feel of the Nashbar pedals. The lightweight pedals with sealed bearings and a float of four degrees have received great reviews from avid mountain bike cyclists.
- Cannondale SPD Mountain Clipless Pedals. The Cannondale brand is known for their ease of use. They are easy to get into when going uphill and quick to get out of on the downhill ride. They are a little heavier than most clipless pedals, but a great value for an inexpensive set.
- Crank Brothers Mallet 1 Mountain Bike Clipless Pedals. These are one of the more expensive clipless mountain bike pedals, but their unique design is worth the money. The pedals look like an egg beater with a large platform caged design. They feature carbon steel wings and an aluminum platform with sixteen traction studs that are adjustable.
- Sunlite Mountain Bike Clipless Pedals. The Sunlite pedals come in a standard 9/16 inch alloy and are a simplistic style at an affordable price. The single sided SPD and pedal grips lets you keep your foot in place and stable for the entire ride.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.