The 5 best mountain bike pedals are necessary if you want to be able to enjoy a good-quality ride on your mountain bike. While often overlooked and disregarded, mountain bike pedals are essential in making sure that you have a good grip and support with each up and down stroke on your pedals.
- Shimano PD-M770 XT SPD Pedal. The best mountain bike pedal is the Shimano PD-M770 XT SPD since it has an open-end architecture which gets rid of mud. This intelligent feature on this mountain bike pedal allows you to be free of carrying around huge clumps of mud. So if you want pedals that allow you a good degree of cleanliness on your ride, choose this.
- Mighty Alloy MTB Pedal. With an alloy body and a silver-black cage, this mountain bike pedal permits you to receive excellent grip, and the best part of it is that it does not even matter what shoes you are wearing! For this reason alone, the Mighty Alloy MTB Pedal takes the number two spot on this list of the best mountain bike pedals. You also will want to regularly check this pedal's screws that hold together the black outer ring, out of concern that if you don't, then the narrow metal may break.
- Crank Brothers Candy C Mountain Bike Pedals. The third-best mountain bike pedals, these babies from Crank Brothers are manageably light at only 300 grams in weight for both. In the design of this pair of bike pedals, you will get ones which are effective, simple and dependable. These bike pedals from Crank Brothers are also easy to maintain, meaning that you won't have to do that much to care for them.
- Exustar E-pm211. A body made out of alloy and possessing a sealed axle is what defines this mountain bike pedal, a pedal which also fits cleats due to its clip-less design. This mountain bike pedal receives the fourth-spot placement on this list of the best mountain bikes due to its special reflectors. These reflectors increase your safety while riding your mountain bike, letting other motorists see you well in advance.
- Wellgo Nylon Cage 9/16" MTB Pedals Black. The last spot on this list of the best mountain bike pedals belongs to these Wellgo babies. They are lightweight and are very reliable, with some lasting for several years at least. They are also cheap, yet that should not be looked at as inferior quality since these pedals combine value with an affordable price.