5 Best Mountain Bike Tires For Dirt
If you have found that riding on loose or packed dirt is causing you traction problems then you may want to consider one of the 5 best mountain bike tires for dirt. These tires could be the solution you are looking for with their unique tread patterns and structure that is specifically designed for riding on dirt.
- Panaracer Fire XC Pro Kevlar Mountain Bike Tires. These are one of the best all-mountain tires available on the market. The unique knob design on the tires includes a multi-height pattern. There is also a side knob pattern that gives you better stability when cornering at hard angles on dirt. If you want to stand out from the crowd, you can order these mountain bike tires for dirt in one of their bright blue, red, or yellow colors.
- Maxxis Swampthing Downhill Mountain Bike Tires. The 2-ply DH casing rubber on these tires allows them to not only handle well in loose dirt but will provide you with enough grip to get through thick mud. Mother nature does not always provide days of mountain biking that are dry and pristine. You need mountain bike tires for dirt that can perform well in both dry and wet conditions.
- Continental Mountain King 29er 2.4 Mountain Bike Tires. With the larger casing on these mountain bike tires for dirt, you are able to go with a slightly lower pressure. The lower pressure will give you better performance on loose dirt. Most riders preferred the cornering and braking on loose dirt with these tires when compared to similar mountain biking tires that required full air pressure.
- Kenda Tomac Nevegal Stick-e Wire Bead Tires. One of the best features of these mountain bike tires for dirt is the CAP-ply. This is a material that provides added protection to the casing of the tires to prevent flats. The tall knob design can penetrate into the loose dirt giving you great traction, power, and control. These tires will also last longer than most because of the L3R Pro compound materials that are used in construction.
- Wilderness Trail Bikes BelociRaptor Mountain Bike Tires. These mountain bike tires for dirt have the traction you need to stay in control up and down dirt and rocky hills and trails. The tread on the tires is designed with a directional pattern to give you better performance on loose dirt as well as speed because the knobs are synchronized with the forward direction of the tires.