It is possible to get a durable mountain bike at an affordable price, and the 5 best mountain bikes under $300 are easily found online and at many sporting goods stores. It is important to realize that you will get what you pay for, and affordable mountain bikes like these are best used for recreation purposes and not for competitions.
- GMC Topkick 26” Mountain Bike. This bike has excellent reviews for being a solid and nice riding bike for the money. It features dual alloy disc brakes to assure a quick and manageable stop on rough terrain. It is constructed with an aluminum frame and suspension fork. The 21 speed Shimano index gearing is also quite smooth when shifting gears during the ride.
- Men’s Schwinn Dual Suspension 26” Mountain Bike. Topping out close to the $300 mark is the Schwinn Dual Suspension mountain bike. Schwinn has been making mountain bikes for a long time, and their quality and value are exceptional. While this bike does not have all the bells and whistles of expensive bikes, it does provide a rider with easy shifting of gears, a comfortable seat, and a unique spoke design.
- Diamondback Outlook 26” Men’s Front-Suspension Mountain Bike. The Diamondback is a lightweight bike that has special features that are normally found on the more expensive models. The front fork has about 50mm of travel to help the rider have better control on rough terrain. Linear-pull V style brakes are a trademark to the Diamondback mountain bikes and provide tremendous stopping power.
- Mossy Oak 26” Men’s Game Tracker Mountain Bike. If you are looking for a very basic mountain bike, consider the Mossy Oak Game Tracker. It is a high performance bike with an SR Suntour M2000 suspension fork and ProMax linear brakes. This is a great buy for people who are new to the sport.
- Men’s 26” Mongoose Vanish Mountain Bike. The Mongoose brand specializes in Mountain and BMX bikes. The Vanish mountain bike is designed with a lightweight aluminum frame and a 2.10 knobby tire for optimum control. The seat is adjustable and can be released quickly. This is an excellent choice for people interested in riding for fitness and recreation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.